WUMC sponsored a virtual run/walk on October 10-18 2020 – the 22nd Annual Son Run! This year, during a 9-day period, participants walked or ran as often as desired, accumulating miles.
Thanks for all of the runners, walkers, sponsors and donors for their support of the 22nd Annual Son Run/Walk. In total we had 57 people who participated (26 reporting results) Our total accumulated mileage was 262 miles and 68.3 hours. Average pace for runners/walkers combined was 4.9 mpg (There were some very fast runners who helped this average). We raised $5185 (with all donations collected) for our designated charities, the Help Hub, LINC and Methodist Home for Children. Even though the race is over, there is still time to make a donation!
And drum roll, please. The winners of our competitions are as follows and will receive Apple Annie gift cards!
– Most participants in a family – tie 5 – Emily Lackey – Michelle Crittenden
– Most interesting/unique run/walk location – Nancy-Faye Craig – all over Wrightsville Beach
– Oldest Son Run shirt – Nancy-Faye Craig
– Oldest participant/Youngest participant – Oldest Nancy-Faye Craig, Youngest Avery Salem
– Most times participating in the Son Run – Nancy-Faye Craig
– Best Photo or Video – photo – Chris Smith/Lauren Smith (attached)
– Most miles/kilometers accumulated during the sessions you walked or ran – Doug Lain
Nancy Faye Craig – Participating in Every Son Run:
2020 Son Run Video Gallery
2020 Photo Gallery